Delivering Innovative Mobility Solutions in 2021
Cleaner. Leaner. Meaner. This has been our company mantra since we launched our innovative propane autogas technology integrating Ford’s new 7.3L V8 engine in Class 3-7 chassis in the fall of 2020.
Backed by 45 years of Roush engineering, our Generation 5 propane technology is the next advancement in powertrain technology, delivering loads of performance and emissions reductions in a smaller footprint. Our fuel system integrates seamlessly with the new Ford engine to give customers the most cost-effective solution in the market. We began production of the Gen 5 propane autogas fuel system in late 2020 for our commercial fleet line-up and for Micro Bird Type A school buses, then in early 2021 for the Blue Bird Vision school bus.
Why are we so hyped over the new engine? Because it’s:
- Compact and more powerful.
- Easier to maintain with more room to perform service work.
- Higher in peak horsepower.
- Equipped with technical innovations including stronger and lighter forged fuel rails, refinements to belt and accessory drive and streamlined fuel system routing and integration.
- 70% cleaner than federal emissions standards.
- Backed by over 1 billion miles of alternative fuel experience.
Matched with Roush’s unique and comprehensive product development process, we are able to bring new clean mobility products to market in a reliable way. There’s a lot to be excited about as our first Gen 5 engine for our partner, Blue Bird, rolled off the assembly line last week.
I hope that you are enjoying winter, because it looks like the Punxsutawney Phil thinks it will be around for a few more weeks!
If you have any questions about how our team can help you make the transition to a clean, cost-effective transportation technology, call us at 800.59.ROUSH.
Stay safe and please keep the ideas and questions coming!