Ford F-53 / F-59 Stripped Chassis
Why Propane Autogas?Propane autogas makes sense for many reasons. It has the lowest total cost of ownership of any alternative fuel. Plus, cost of maintenance is greatly reduced because propane autogas operates much cleaner than gasoline or diesel and doesn’t require costly diesel after-treatment items. Propane autogas vehicles offer:
- Lowest total cost of ownership.
- Substantial fuel and maintenance savings.
- Quick return on investment.
- Emissions-reducing technology.
- Exceptional cold-weather startups.
- Reduced noise pollution.
- Abundant, domestically produced energy.
- Funding and tax credit opportunities.
- An advanced, clean transportation solution.
Technical SpecsROUSH CleanTech currently offers propane autogas options on the following F-53/ F-59 models from Ford:
EnginesWe engineer our propane fuel technology solely based on Ford engines. ROUSH CleanTech’s exclusive partnership with Ford means you get a propane autogas vehicle that’s tough enough to meet your most extreme needs, retaining all quality Ford performance characteristics, such as horsepower, torque and towing. The Ford 6.8L engine has been a reliable, durable product for almost 30 years. This engine is:
- Highly utilized in commercial applications.
- Available in both 2V and 3V.
- In more than 1.8 million vehicles on the roads today.
- Well supported for future decades due to the volume in operation and after-sale service.
- Integrated into our propane autogas fuel system seamlessly to give fleet customers the most cost-effective product on the market.
- Ideally suited for Class 3-7 propane autogas applications.
- Packaged well with commercial fleet chassis.
- Serviced with greater ease.
Fuel TanksYour business success depends on getting where you need to be on time. Our F-53/59 models come with a 45 usable-gallon fuel tank (up to 260 miles) that maximize your mileage and eliminate range anxiety. Extended range options are available upon request. Plus, ROUSH CleanTech propane autogas fuel tanks are the safest in the industry.
Fuel Tank Location – Side View
Fuel Tank Location – Top View
NHTSA, FMVSS, EPA. CARB. We take certifications seriously since they are absolutely crucial to meet both federal mandates and your internal emission directives. All of ROUSH CleanTech’s vehicles are emissions-compliant, meeting (and often exceeding) certifications by:
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- California Air Resources Board. Click here to view compliance certificates
- Environmental Protection Agency. Click here to view compliance certificates
A ROUSH CleanTech first! ROUSH CleanTech was the first company ever to receive CARB’s optional low NOx level certification in class 4-7 vehicles. Standard on 7.3L, the 0.02 g/bhp-hr propane autogas engine is 90% cleaner than EPA’s most stringent federal standard.
Ready to Order?
- Ford’s gaseous fuel prep package: 98G